Many homeowners in the Helena, MT area opt for asphalt roof shingles. This is not to say you won’t find metal roofing in Helena, MT! However, most roofing companies in Helena, MT will agree and tell you asphalt is a cost-effective and affordable option for the roof.
If you are questioning what the best roof shingles are for Helena, MT, consider asphalt. Contact Helena, MT roofing contractors for a consultation to determine what route is best for you, but we’ll also give you a few pointers in this guide.
Top 5 Reasons Roofing Companies in Helena, MT Recommend Asphalt Roof Shingles
After putting a roof or two into place, roofing contractors of Helena, MT understand the differences in roofing materials. These are the top five reasons asphalt is a recommended option:
- It is a popular choice among Helena, MT homeowners
- Asphalt shingles are affordable
- Asphalt shingles add to the beauty of your home
- Asphalt shingles are weather-tight
- There are many designs and colors to choose from
How to Choose Shingles
To help understand the different types of asphalt shingles, consult with roofing contractors of Helena, MT. Expert advice can help you choose a safe option without breaking the bank.
However, we already know a few things they’ll tell you about choosing shingles. Consider this advice:
Know the Three Most Important Factors to Consider
When deciding between various roof materials, consider those factors:
- Asphalt has a long lifespan and is a sturdy option. The durability varies based on what style you choose.
- Asphalt is often cheaper to install than clay tiles, cedar shakes, slate, or metal roofing in Helena, MT.
- These are such a popular option because they increase the curb appeal and come in a wide range of colors.
Fiberglass is a Popular Choice
Fiberglass shingles are made of fiber reinforcement mat layer that is coated with asphalt to ensure it is waterproof. You can ask about fiberglass when considering roofing in Helena, MT. This is a popular choice and one of the safest choices.
Be Cautious of Old Style Shingles
Older homes may have organic shingles, which are made from paper and saturated with asphalt to become waterproof. It is then layered with ceramic granules with adhesive salt on top. While it is durable, it does present a fire hazard because of the oil.
Three Shingle Types to Consider
Three-tab shingles are coated with weather-grade asphalt that maintains flexibility, durability, and longevity. This choice offers:
- Wind Resistant Up to 60 MPH
- Algae Growth Resistance
- Improved Curb Appeal
- 25-Year Warranty
These durable shingles are made of high-quality materials like ceramic-coated mineral granules and a fiberglass mat base. With this choice, you can expect:
- Dimensional and Laminated Appearance
- Wind Resistant up to 130 MPH
- Blended, Deep, Bold, or Vibrant Color Options
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
This type resembles a natural slate and is an elegant option. With these shingles you can expect:
- Premium pricing
- Colonial, Black, Gray, Concord, and Beige Color Options
- Wind Resistant up to 130 MPH
- Algae Resistant
- Adds Drama and Depth to Your Roof
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
Ask a Roofing Contractor in Helena, MT
The best way to make a decision about roofing materials or even roof repair in Helena, MT is to consult an expert. Helena, MT has expert roofing companies to choose from with decades of experience. So, feel free to contact a few options for a free consultation and recommendations from top Helena, MT roofing contractors.
However, we recommend doing plenty of research to find the right fit for you. Building a relationship now will ensure your roof is installed properly and maintained over the years. And it all starts with the material you choose for your shingles.